SAPIR Group is the most important company in the harbour of Ravenna, operating in a variety of sectors: general cargo, heavy lift cargo, liquids, containers, as well as port services: engineering, logistics of terminal operations, maintenance of machinery and port infrastructures.
- Today the parent company SAPIR mainly works as a terminal operator ensuring the maximum efficiency in handling and storing fertilizers, minerals, iron and steel products, timber, project cargo, liquids and controlled temperature goods. SAPIR currently owns harbour areas with docks as well as about 42-hectare logistics areas directly linked to terminals and docks. It is looking for partners willing to invest in the enhancement and development of their business.
- Through its controlled company, Terminal Nord, the SAPIR Group manages a terminal specialized in minerals, handling more than 2 millions of tons/year.
- Terminal Container Ravenna Spa (70% owned by SAPIR, 30% owned by Contship Italia of the Eurokai Group from Hamburg) manages a terminal with about 200,000 teus/year and plans to build a new terminal with a depth of 13.50 m, 700 m2 of docks and a new railway line, with the formal objective of doubling trade. In particular, it aims at taking the production basins of Central and Eastern Europe away from its competitors, the Northern Europe harbours.
- Sapir Engineering is specialized in integrated engineering services and in the logistics of terminal-related operations.
- Under Water Anchors uses innovative technologies aimed at consolidating docks, making them suitable for reaching greater depths.
- Alliance Port Service deals with the maintenance and technical assistance for operational port means and with ground handling.
The Group relies on technologies and skills that can be used, also in partnership with other companies, to build freight and passenger terminals all over the world, with special attention to emerging economies, as well as to develop areas and infrastructures intended for logistics. The SAPIR Group provides services ranging from design to building, from installation to supplying machines and know-how up to management.